Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Barry Hoggard <ba...@tristanmedia.com> on 2005/03/19 00:29:12 UTC

Re: Custom 500 error pages under MP2? - SOLVED

On Mar 18, 2005, at 5:25 PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Barry Hoggard wrote:
>> On Mar 14, 2005, at 7:38 PM, Barry Hoggard wrote:
>>> What is the best way to do the MyError example from the Eagle book
>>> in MP2?  If I get an uncaught error, and I have something like this
>>> set up:
>>>
>>>     ErrorDocument 500 /error
>>>     <Location /error>
>>>         SetHandler perl-script
>>>         PerlResponseHandler MyError
>>>     </Location>
>>>

>>> How can I get to the text of the error?  It doesn't seem to be in
>>> notes('error-notes').
>> Following up on my own post here.  I'm using
>> $r->subprocess_env('REDIRECT_ERROR_NOTES')
>> to get the error message.
>
> You mean $ENV{REDIRECT_ERROR_NOTES} is not available even with
> perl-script, which should populate %ENV.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  I meant I SOLVED the problem by using
$ENV{REDIRECT_ERROR_NOTES}.

Barry

Re: Custom 500 error pages under MP2? - SOLVED

Posted by Barry Hoggard <ba...@tristanmedia.com>.
On Mar 18, 2005, at 8:07 PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Barry Hoggard wrote:
>> Sorry if I wasn't clear.  I meant I SOLVED the problem by using
>> $ENV{REDIRECT_ERROR_NOTES}.
>
> But that's exactly what the eagle book suggests, isn't it?

I don't have my copy of the book anymore.  I had expected something to
be in $r->notes('error-notes') because of this in the archives.

http://www.mail-archive.com/modperl@apache.org/msg08546.html

Barry

Re: Custom 500 error pages under MP2? - SOLVED

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.