Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Fco. Valladolid" <fr...@vmicrosistemas.com> on 2004/01/26 17:39:28 UTC

mod_perl and CGI.pm in chroot enviroment.

I'am trying do a form hanlder with CGI.pm and Apache::Registry in chroot enviroment, OpenBSD 3.4
OS.

My question is: it is necessary put CGI.PM in ServerRoot for chroot enviroment. ?

There are other way to do forms in mod_perl ?..

thanks for you advice.

Francisco.

Re: mod_perl and CGI.pm in chroot enviroment.

Posted by "dreamwvr@dreamwvr.com" <dr...@dreamwvr.com>.
On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 04:39:28PM +0000, Fco. Valladolid wrote:
helo,
> I'am trying do a form hanlder with CGI.pm and Apache::Registry in chroot enviroment, OpenBSD 3.4
> OS.
Just to confirm in March last year I posted a diff which if you
unravel explains modperl in a chroot..
http://www.monkey.org/openbsd/archive/tech/0303/msg00129.html
> My question is: it is necessary put CGI.PM in ServerRoot for chroot enviroment. ?
ServerRoot in chroot() means that CGI.pm must exist where the httpd
can see it. Since if for example
/var/www is your ServerRoot then under chroot() the
/var/www becomes as far as apache is concerned literally /
Therefore this means your modules/packages/classes need
to live under
/var/www/same/path/as/non-root/*.pm
(for clarity anyhow. That is how I have done it on occasion anyhow.)
> There are other way to do forms in mod_perl ?..

TMTOWTDI IMHO also FYI google defines daemon as server:)
Sorry totally not defined in this QUERY;-)
## lots of mod_perl stuff above this HTML segment..
$r->content_type('text/html');
$r->send_http_header;

return 'OK' if $r->header_only;

$r->print(<<HTML);

  <HTML>
  <HEAD>
  <TITLE>read() AND Set-Cookies: to/from $username\'s browser.</TITLE>
  </HEAD>
  <BODY>
[..]
YOUR_CLOSING_HTML_TAGS

HTML

[...]
HIH
Best Regards,
dreamwvr@dreamwvr.com

--
/*  Security is a work in progress - dreamwvr                 */
#                               48 69 65 72 6F 70 68 61 6E 74 32