Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com> on 2014/09/10 06:06:08 UTC

[dispatch] FYI Dispatch AMQP management client library

I've moved the dispatch AMQP management client library into a normal
python package qpid_dispatch.management. Source is in
dispatch/python/qpid_dispatch, for examples of use see bin/qdstat and
dispatch/tests/system_tests_management.py.

Justin I'd be interested in your feedback, it resembles your bailey
library quite a bit.

Needs a command line tool. I think we should keep qdstat like it is now
as a handy way to examine the most popular entity types and add a more
general CRUD+Query+Node.get_* command line tool that takes/prints
entities in JSON format. Anyone already done that or have a better idea?

Cheers,
Alan.

r1623899 | aconway | 2014-09-09 23:34:41 -0400 (Tue, 09 Sep 2014) | 13
lines

DISPATCH-56: Make dispatch management client library public.

The dispatch management client library is now installed as a normal
python package
qpid_dispatch.management

- Added management.Entity with read, update, delete operations.
- Added setup.py.in to install python packages to standard
site-directory for CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX
- Added VERSION.txt with project version, available in cmake as
QPID_DISPATCH_VERSION

- Separate proton.Messenger code from client.Node.
- Add CRUD permissions to schema. Fix status return codes for CRUD ops.
- Added DummyEntity to test CRUD, implements all 4 operations.