Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> on 2015/05/15 16:19:32 UTC

[Discuss] Accessing Kubernetes Clusters on Google Cloud

Hi Devs,

I created a Kubernetes Cluster on Google Cloud and found that it uses
authentication rules in the API. Therefore we cannot directly access the
Kubernetes Master nodes in GCE as we do currently with our Kubernetes
client.

May be we could implement authentication features in Kubernetes client to
make it work with GCE in a later release.

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: [Discuss] Accessing Kubernetes Clusters on Google Cloud

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Thanks Lakmal! Yes we could implement this feature in the next release.

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
Good finding Imesh. We can extend cloud controller.xml to have
authentication details.

Will add this into next release

On Friday, May 15, 2015, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> I created a Kubernetes Cluster on Google Cloud and found that it uses
> authentication rules in the API. Therefore we cannot directly access the
> Kubernetes Master nodes in GCE as we do currently with our Kubernetes
> client.
>
> May be we could implement authentication features in Kubernetes client to
> make it work with GCE in a later release.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Imesh Gunaratne
>
> Senior Technical Lead, WSO2