Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ja...@barclayscapital.com on 2004/07/06 13:07:13 UTC

Maven & CruiseControl

I've just started experimenting with using CruiseControl to manage running
our Maven based build.  This all works a treat but with one minor niggle -
on the summary emails that are sent out it does list the test:test goal in
what's been executed, but then later down it says "this project has no unit
tests".

So I'm a bit unsure if this is due to:
1. My Maven project being misconfigured
2. CruiseControl not understanding Maven-run unit tests
3. My CruiseControl project being misconfigured

Admittedly the latter would be more for the CC user list, not Maven, but I
don't have the address for that...

Does anybody have any experience of doing this and have any wisdom they can
share?

thanks

James

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays
Group does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this
message.  Although the Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes,
it does not accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is
caused by viruses being passed.  Any views or opinions presented are
Barclays Group.  Replies to this email may be monitored by the Barclays
Group for operational or business reasons.

Re: Maven & CruiseControl

Posted by "Jefferson K. French" <je...@frenches.org>.
James,

Maven has to enter the test:test goal to determine that you have no
tests. In that goal it checks for any test source files, and checks to
see if property maven.test.skip is set. If there is no reason to run a
test, it outputs a message and exits.

  Jeff

mailto:jeff@frenches.org