Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder <av...@fortytwo.ch> on 2004/09/10 09:03:11 UTC

TransformerException: Empty expression! problem on new installation

Yo!

I now have a small test installation to play with. Two problems:

trivial: IPv6 apparently doesn't work. localhost resolves to ::1 on my
machine apparently, and this gives me [0] (whenever I try to access a lenya
URL.) I can always use 127.0.0.1, though, so no problem (or I could, of
course, change /etc/hosts.)

Not so trivial, for me:
enter a publication (default or blog) and try to log in as editor. Same
problem as described in
<http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-users/2004-June/052401.html>,
so I guess there is a solution somewhere. [1]

lenya 1.2 incubating release
cocoon 2.1.5.1
tomcat 4.1.30 (-6 debian package)

More details about my setup is, of course, available.

comments?
thanks
-- vbi

[0]
org.apache.lenya.ac.AccessControlException: Failed to convert address [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1]:
        at org.apache.lenya.ac.Machine.getAddress(Machine.java:104)
        at org.apache.lenya.ac.Machine.<init>(Machine.java:34)
        at org.apache.lenya.ac.impl.DefaultAccessController.setupIdentity(DefaultAccessController.java:408)
        at org.apache.lenya.cms.cocoon.acting.AccessControlAction.act(AccessControlAction.java:82)
        at org.apache.lenya.cms.cocoon.acting.DelegatingAuthorizerAction.act(DelegatingAuthorizerAction.java:49)
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ActTypeNode.invoke(ActTypeNode.java:124)
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:49)

[1]
2004-09-09 18:22:31 FATAL_E (2004-09-09) 18:22.31:942   [core.xsl] (/lenya/default/authoring/index.html) http8180-Processor7/TraxErrorHandler: Error in TraxTransformer: file:/home/vbi/lenya/incubating-lenya-1.2-src/build/webapp/lenya/pubs/default/xslt/xhtml2xhtml.xsl; Line 29; Column 41;
; SystemID: file:/home/vbi/lenya/incubating-lenya-1.2-src/build/webapp/lenya/pubs/default/xslt/xhtml2xhtml.xsl; Line#: 29; Column#: 41
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Empty expression!
        at org.apache.xpath.compiler.XPathParser.error(XPathParser.java:602)
        at org.apache.xpath.compiler.Lexer.tokenize(Lexer.java:407)
        at org.apache.xpath.compiler.Lexer.tokenize(Lexer.java:139)
        at org.apache.xpath.compiler.XPathParser.initXPath(XPathParser.java:143)
        at org.apache.xpath.XPath.<init>(XPath.java:217)
        at org.apache.xalan.processor.StylesheetHandler.createXPath(StylesheetHandler.java:196)
2004-09-09 18:22:33 ERROR   (2004-09-09) 18:22.33:633   [sitemap.] (/lenya/default/authoring/index.html) http8180-Processor7/PipelineNode: Failed to execute pipeline.
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.: org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Unable to get transformer handler for file:/home/vbi/lenya/incubating-lenya-1.2-src/build/webapp/lenya/pubs/default/xslt/xhtml2xhtml.xsl: org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorException: Exception in creating Transform Handler
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:552)
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:173)
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:681)
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.SitemapSource.toSAX(SitemapSource.java:432)
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.source.SourceUtil.parse(SourceUtil.java:247)
        at org.apache.cocoon.generation.FileGenerator.generate(FileGenerator.java:116)
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:545)

--
Protect your privacy - encrypt your email: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/intro

Re: svn?

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

 > A good idea will be to publish the new docos. The change of to SVN
repo is
 > a big step from my POV. That way, people will not be confused about that.
 >
 > WDYT?

documentation updates are a no-brainer: big +1

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

Re: svn?

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Andreas Hartmann dijo:
> Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
>> Ok, some google skills were handy, but documentation would be nice :-)
>> (Yeah, I know, better and funnier things to do than writings docs... )

Sure, there are! ;-D

> The documentation has been updated in the repository, but not
> yet published on the Lenya website. Sorry for the inconvenience.

A good idea will be to publish the new docos. The change of to SVN repo is
a big step from my POV. That way, people will not be confused about that.

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: svn?

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:

[...]

> Is the subversion repo pushed to cvs for anonymous access?

AFAIK, no.

> Or is
> documentaton just lagging?

Yes. The conversion happend very recently. I announced it on
lenya-users and lenya-dev, but nobody had the time to update
the website by now.

> Ok, some google skills were handy, but documentation would be nice :-)
> (Yeah, I know, better and funnier things to do than writings docs... )

The documentation has been updated in the repository, but not
yet published on the Lenya website. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-- Andreas

svn? (was: Re: TransformerException: Empty expression! problem on new installation)

Posted by Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder <av...@fortytwo.ch>.
On Friday 10 September 2004 09.22, Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> This is fixed in SVN.

<http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/installation/cvs.html>

But nothing about svn.

Is the subversion repo pushed to cvs for anonymous access? Or is
documentaton just lagging?

Ok, some google skills were handy, but documentation would be nice :-)
(Yeah, I know, better and funnier things to do than writings docs... )

Ok, now running
 $ svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lenya/branches/BRANCH_1_2_X lenya-svn

thanks
-- vbi

--
Beware of the FUD - know your enemies. This week
    * The Alexis de Toqueville Institue *

Re: TransformerException: Empty expression! problem on new installation

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jp...@quoininc.com>.
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:

> trivial: IPv6 apparently doesn't work. localhost resolves to ::1 on my
> machine apparently, and this gives me [0] (whenever I try to access a lenya
> URL.) I can always use 127.0.0.1, though, so no problem (or I could, of
> course, change /etc/hosts.)

Take a look at the email archives for the mailing list.  this issue
was discussed.  I believe a later release has the fix for this.

> Not so trivial, for me:
> enter a publication (default or blog) and try to log in as editor. Same
> problem as described in
> <http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-users/2004-June/052401.html>,
> so I guess there is a solution somewhere. [1]

Check to see that you have the proper version, and only those
versions, of xalan and xerces.  The wiki discusses which are the
right versions.

--
JP