Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Kazue Watanabe <kw...@kixeye.com> on 2014/04/22 00:14:38 UTC

how to measure consumer time for x number of messages

Hi,
I am looking for a way to measure time for a consumer to consumer x number
of messages.
Basically I would like to compare how much it takes the consumer to consume
messages and compare them against the number of messages.
Is there any tool in Kafka to do this? Please let me know.

Thank you so much in advance,
Kazue

Re: how to measure consumer time for x number of messages

Posted by Joel Koshy <jj...@gmail.com>.
There are message-rate mbeans that you can read. You can hook up
something like jconsole/visualvm to your consumer instance and explore
the mbeans. E.g., we have a messages/sec meter for each topic that I
think would help in your case.

Joel