Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Christian Mueller <cm...@apache.org> on 2014/03/07 16:22:10 UTC

[REPORT] Apache Camel - March 2014

Apache Camel is a powerful open source integration framework based on known
Enterprise Integration Patterns.

Project Status
--------------
* There are no issues that require the board attention.
* The project is healthy, active and stays at a high level.

Community
---------
* Packtpub published one new book about Apache Camel:
  http://www.packtpub.com/apache-camel-developers-cookbook/book
* The previous CamelOne conference is now part of RedHat's DevNation
  conference which is planned for 04/13/2014 - 04/17/2014
  (http://www.devnation.org/#agenda)
* We will have two talks at ApacheCon 2014 in Denver:
  *
http://apacheconnorthamerica2014.sched.org/event/219b36497fa331291f703ade8049b7bb#.Uxnirl7D6Nw
  *
http://apacheconnorthamerica2014.sched.org/event/c832c34383eba18170c114bbd6451013#.Uxni0l7D6Nw
* We got 3 new contributors who signed the ICLA.
* The community stays at a high level (289 subscribers at dev@; 732
  subscribers at users@)
* The community is active and questions being answered in short term.
 * Avg. 692 mails per month on the users mailing list in December 2013 -
   February 2014
 * Avg. 142 mails per month on the dev mailing list in December 2013 -
   February 2014
 * Avg. 275 committs per month in December 2013 - February 2014

Community Objectives
--------------------
 * We handled the security issues CVE-2014-0002 and CVE-2014-0003. Thanks to
   David Jorm for reporting it to us.
 * We are finalizing Apache Camel 2.13.0 to get it out of the door soon.
 * We are discussing new features for the next minor release Apache Camel
   2.14.0.

Project Composition
* No new committer in this reporting period (last one joined 10/16/2013)
* No new PMC member in this reporting period (last one joined 10/05/2013)

Releases
--------
* 2.12.3 (02/21/14)
* 2.11.4 (02/16/14)