Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/08 08:29:44 UTC

Time for tapestry_5_3_0.xsd?

I just realized that we have a bug in tapestry_5_1_0.xsd. The schema defines
the <t:replacement> element which is wrong as the template parser is looking
for <t:replace>.

It also makes sense to remove <t:parameter> element from the schema, as it
has been deprecated in Tapestry 5.1 in favour of parameter namespace.

So, I would like to introduce tapestry_5_3_0.xsd. Any objections?

--
Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de

Re: Time for tapestry_5_3_0.xsd?

Posted by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com>.
I think it is because the schema version number and tapestry version number
are not connected although they seem to be. It does create confusion :)

regards
Taha

Re: Time for tapestry_5_3_0.xsd?

Posted by ael <al...@dash.com.ph>.
Where is tapestry_5_2_4.xsd & tapestry_5_2_5.xsd?

Re: Time for tapestry_5_3_0.xsd?

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
Ack.

+1 then.

Re: Time for tapestry_5_3_0.xsd?

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.

Re: Time for tapestry_5_3_0.xsd?

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.

Re: Time for tapestry_5_3_0.xsd?

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
Ok, the schema is there:

http://tapestry.apache.org/schema/tapestry_5_3.xsd

Next I'll adjust the template parser to accept the namespace uri.

Any ideas for enhancement? Maybe any new template directives?

--
Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de

Re: Time for tapestry_5_3_0.xsd?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Once created, a schema URL and the content of the schema URL should
never change. Thus it needs a version number.

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 4:29 PM, ael <al...@dash.com.ph> wrote:
> Why not use tapestry_5.xsd? I think much easier to manage.

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Time for tapestry_5_3_0.xsd?

Posted by ael <al...@dash.com.ph>.
Why not use tapestry_5.xsd? I think much easier to manage.

Re: Time for tapestry_5_3_0.xsd?

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.
+1 for tapestry_5_3.xsd

Re: Time for tapestry_5_3_0.xsd?

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
wrote:

> Perhaps the naming should change to match the Tapestry release number
> (5.3) not version number (5.3.x); i.e. tapestry_5_3.xsd.

+1. We're not supposed to do large changes (including template ones) in
minor releases.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor
http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Re: Time for tapestry_5_3_0.xsd?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 11:55 PM, Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I just realized that we have a bug in tapestry_5_1_0.xsd. The schema defines
>> the <t:replacement> element which is wrong as the template parser is looking
>> for <t:replace>.
>>
>> It also makes sense to remove <t:parameter> element from the schema, as it
>> has been deprecated in Tapestry 5.1 in favour of parameter namespace.
>>
>> So, I would like to introduce tapestry_5_3_0.xsd. Any objections?
>
> Nice proposition Igor...
>
> Cheers
> --
> Massimo
> http://meridio.blogspot.com

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Time for tapestry_5_3_0.xsd?

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.

Re: Time for tapestry_5_3_0.xsd?

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 03:29:44 -0300, Igor Drobiazko
<ig...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just realized that we have a bug in tapestry_5_1_0.xsd. The schema
> defines the <t:replacement> element which is wrong as the template
> parser is looking for <t:replace>.
> It also makes sense to remove <t:parameter> element from the schema, as
> it has been deprecated in Tapestry 5.1 in favour of parameter namespace.
> So, I would like to introduce tapestry_5_3_0.xsd. Any objections?

No objections. +1 to that. Not having the schema version bound to the
Tapestry version does cause some confusion.

Re: Time for tapestry_5_3_0.xsd?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
+1