Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by x8s9y <x8...@163.com> on 2013/11/13 10:23:55 UTC

How to play a stream video on the my ipad

Hi, all:

I use flash builder 4.7 with SDK 4.11 air3.9, red5 stream server,I want to catch the live stream video(RTMP) and display on my ipad, but it is only work on ipad simulator. Display blank on the ipad devices.Don't it support for RTMP on IOS?  and do you have any good suggestion?

FYI:http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/net/NetStream.html#play()

Thanks.

Sunny

RE: How to play a stream video on the my ipad

Posted by Bill Turner <Bi...@firstpac.com>.
In my previous job, I worked with live video, and live streaming video via RTMP does work on mobile devices.  The iOS devices don't support H.264 RTMP video, though, as listed in the NetStream info you attached.  If the video is H.263, everything is fine (but bandwidth for the same quality video goes up).

Bill Turner
Enterprise Software Engineer
First Pacific Corporation
(503) 588-1411 ext. 2303