Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Kevin Peuhkurinen <ke...@meridiancu.ca> on 2005/05/17 14:26:06 UTC

German spam bounces

Having gotten the spam under control, I found that I was getting bombed
with tons of bounces as well.   So I made up a quick ruleset to stop
undeliverables due to the german spam, using Raymond's ruleset as a
starting point.  You can get it here:

http://www.exit0.us/index.php?pagename=GermanSoberSpamBounceRules

It relies on the DSN containing the subject line, but that's fairly
standard.

Kevin

Re: German spam bounces

Posted by Fred <sp...@freddyt.com>.
Kevin Peuhkurinen wrote:
> Having gotten the spam under control, I found that I was getting
> bombed with tons of bounces as well.   So I made up a quick ruleset
> to stop undeliverables due to the german spam, using Raymond's
> ruleset as a starting point.  You can get it here:

I was working on something for this problem today too, I have a fairly
simple way to determine a valid bounce vs. a forged bounce.  The attached
ruleset contains IP addresses for which my customers send their e-mail from.
If a bounce is valid, it would be expected to have my customers IP addresses
someplace in the message.  I check for this, if it's found, it's valid, if
not, it's faked.  Still more testing and more phrases to add, I've only had
20 minutes to work on this so far.
Frederic Tarasevicius
Internet Information Services, Inc.
http://www.i-is.com/