Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Gunnar Eketrapp <gu...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/20 08:15:47 UTC

ActionLink + JCalling JavaScropt

Hi!

I would like to call a javascript method when an action link is clicked.

Can that be done?

I.e. is there any way to addd som javascript to a actionlink,

Thanks in advance,
Gunnar Eketrapp

Re: ActionLink + JCalling JavaScropt

Posted by Gunnar Eketrapp <gu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Sorry for asking stupid questions. It was as simple as adding
onclick="mehodName();"

What I needed to do was to hide a dive via a js method + updating the conent
of the zone
via the actionlink.

I thought (before testing which is big NO NO) that I should brake the
functionality of the
actionlink by doing so which was a wrong assumption.

I am relatively new to javascript and this new design I have got from the
HTML / Flash guys
excels in javascript and sliding div's.

I also just started to learn this ajax zone support in T5 which is great for
updating the content of
those divs.

Anyway thanks a lot for the answers.

/Gunnar

2009/11/20 Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>

> Define When.
>
> Before? Use onclick.
> After (from server-side)? Use renderSupport.addScript("myfunction();")
>
> Search the mailing archives, numerous examples.
>
> Kalle
>

> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 11:15 PM, Gunnar Eketrapp
> <gu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I would like to call a javascript method when an action link is clicked.
> >
> > Can that be done?
> >
> > I.e. is there any way to addd som javascript to a actionlink,
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Gunnar Eketrapp

[Hem: 08-715 59 57, Mobil: 0708-52 62 90]
Allévägen 2A, 132 42 Saltsjö-Boo

Re: ActionLink + JCalling JavaScropt

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Define When.

Posted by Mario Udina <m....@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Gunnar Eketrapp
<gu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I would like to call a javascript method when an action link is clicked.
>
> Can that be done?
>
> I.e. is there any way to addd som javascript to a actionlink,
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Gunnar Eketrapp

I use the following code for a popup box from an event link:

<a t:type="eventLink" t:event="removePendingPath" href="Details"
class="actionLink" onclick="return
self.confirm('${message:confirm-remove-apath}')">

it should work even for an actionLink!

regards,
mario