Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by jayeff <jo...@googlemail.com> on 2012/10/09 13:16:06 UTC

Description of queue attribute 'maxProducersToAudit'

Hi all,

was does the attribute 'maxProducersToAudit' mean on a queue? I found no
description whatsoever on neither the ActiveMQ pages nor Google.

Thanks & best regards,
Johannes Felten

Re: Description of queue attribute 'maxProducersToAudit'

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
the audit consists of a per producer bit map in a lru cache.
the maxProducersToAudit determines the size of that lru cache.

if you will only ever have a single producer, then a
maxProducersToAudit of 1 is sufficient.

You may need to tune the value depending on the expected number of
concurrent producers that the broker needs to deal with. In
particular, the audit will suppress duplicate sends that may originate
from a failover transport reconnect, so if you expect to have more
than 64 concurrent producers that use failover, it would be advisable
to increase the value.

Having said that, the default kahadb store will suppress duplicate add
attempts, provided
the message has not already been dispatched (and removed from the index).
So a working producer audit is a belt and braces approach to duplicate
suppression.

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com