Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kenny Smith <ke...@journalscape.com> on 2002/10/10 19:50:29 UTC

Enterprise SMTP Server?

Hi all,

I'm starting work on a new project. I'm going to be using Struts for my web
app framework, but another piece of the project could benefit from an
Enterprise SMTP server (or servlet) that I could plug some classes into or
use servlet chaining to let my classes process the mail after the SMTP
server has accepted it.

I've been websearching for days, and I can't find any concrete info on the
topic. Just about everyone focuses on web apps. Does anyone know of such a
beast?

Thanks,
Kenny Smith

Re: Enterprise SMTP Server?

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
At 10:50 AM -0700 2002/10/10, Kenny Smith wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'm starting work on a new project. I'm going to be using Struts for my web
>app framework, but another piece of the project could benefit from an
>Enterprise SMTP server (or servlet) that I could plug some classes into or
>use servlet chaining to let my classes process the mail after the SMTP
>server has accepted it.

Sounds like you want Jakarta JAMES: http://jakarta.apache.org/james/

Joe

* Joe Germuska    { joe@germuska.com }
"It's pitiful, sometimes, if they've got it bad. Their eyes get
glazed, they go white, their hands tremble.... As I watch them I
often feel that a dope peddler is a gentleman compared with the man
who sells records."
	--Sam Goody, 1956