Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Arina Ielchiieva <ar...@apache.org> on 2018/12/17 10:40:34 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] New Committer: Salim Achouche

The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Drill has invited Salim
Achouche to become a committer, and we are pleased to announce that he has
accepted.

Salim Achouche [1] started contributing to the Drill project in 2017. He
has made many improvements for the parquet reader, including performance
for flat data types, columnar parquet batch sizing functionality, fixed
various bugs and memory leaks. He also optimized implicit columns handling
with scanner and improved sql pattern contains performance.

Welcome Salim, and thank you for your contributions!

- Arina
(on behalf of Drill PMC)

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Committer: Salim Achouche

Posted by salim achouche <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all for your support, I really appreciate it!

Salim

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Committer: Salim Achouche

Posted by Kunal Khatua <ku...@apache.org>.
Congratulations, Salim !

Posted by Gautam Parai <gp...@mapr.com>.

Posted by Khurram Faraaz <kf...@mapr.com>.