Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> on 2005/08/29 20:10:00 UTC

Fwd: svn status -u crashes on incoming additions

Can anyone reproduce this bug with the recipe below?

Begin forwarded message:

--
www.collab.net  <>  CollabNet  |  Distributed Development On Demand

Re: svn status -u crashes on incoming additions

Posted by David James <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 8/29/05, Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> wrote:
> Can anyone reproduce this bug with the recipe below?

I can reproduce this bug using Subversion trunk.

Here's a recipe:

svnadmin create repo
svn co file://`pwd`/repo wc1
svn co file://`pwd`/repo wc2
cd wc1
mkdir test
svn propset svn:ignore test .
svn commit -m "Ignoring test subdirectory"
cd ../wc2
mkdir test
svn add test
svn commit -m "Adding test subdirectory"
cd ../wc1
svn status -u

Here's the output of the above script on my machine:

Checked out revision 0.
Checked out revision 0.
property 'svn:ignore' set on '.'
Sending        .

Committed revision 1.
A         test
Adding         test

Committed revision 2.
test.sh: line 14: 10289 Segmentation fault      svn status -u

Cheers,

David

--
David James -- http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~james

Re: Fwd: svn status -u crashes on incoming additions

Posted by "Peter N. Lundblad" <pe...@famlundblad.se>.
On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:

> Can anyone reproduce this bug with the recipe below?

I can, using the same recipe as Dave.

It crashes in make_dir_baton in status.c.  If the text status is ignored,
the entry is null, but the big if statement does care about that case.
r14514 seems to ahve fixed something similar with externals.  I'm not sure
if adding the ignored state to the list of alternatives will be the right
fix.

Regards,
//Peter

Re: Fwd: svn status -u crashes on incoming additions

Posted by Mark Phippard <Ma...@softlanding.com>.
Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> wrote on 08/29/2005 04:10:00 PM:

> Can anyone reproduce this bug with the recipe below?

I can.  Used svn 1.2.3 on Windows.  It crashes as he says it does.

Mark