Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/28 23:18:57 UTC

Slow message dispatch

I am looking at an issue where I am losing about 120 ms between posting a
message to the queue and receiving a message on the queue. Is there a way
to debug and see where it might be spending the extra time?

Re: Slow message dispatch

Posted by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com>.
Broker is non-persistent. I am sending very small messages and the measure
is only between when I send the message and at the other end when I receive
the message. Consumers and producers are not busy at this point.

I am not re-creating sessions, I am using thread local and I am caching
sessions. I am also not re-creating temp queues, that also gets cached
using thread local.

Should I profile activemq? Is there an easy tutorial on how to profile
activemq?

Re: Slow message dispatch