Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Mark Brouwer <ma...@cheiron.org> on 2007/03/29 12:19:21 UTC

@author in source files

I didn't want to bring this up during the ServiceUI vote but the
ServiceUI source code contains the @author javadoc tag. I believe the
policy at the ASF is that these should not be included in the source
code, am I right or wrong?
--
Mark

Re: @author in source files

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 3/29/07, Mark Brouwer <ma...@cheiron.org> wrote:
> I didn't want to bring this up during the ServiceUI vote but the
> ServiceUI source code contains the @author javadoc tag. I believe the
> policy at the ASF is that these should not be included in the source
> code, am I right or wrong?

They are allowed but not preferred. If it's OK by the authors, we can
remove the tags once the code hits the svn. The @author tags suggest
some level of code ownership, whereas within ASF it is the community
and not the individual authors who "own" the code.

BR,

Jukka Zitting