Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Andreas Bobek <an...@uni-rostock.de> on 2006/01/24 14:58:50 UTC

[Axis2] wsdl2java support for notification and solicit-response MEPs

Hi all,

I read this thread in which you discussed about
wsdl2java support for out-only MEPs (or out-in):

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=113397248515948&w=2

As a workaround you suggested to rewrite (to invert) the WSDL.
I understand this approach, but my question is, do you intend to
support notification MEPs in wsdl2java in one of the next version or not at
all?
I think it is a MUST ;-)
Currently, I do some WS-Eventing stuff and I heavily miss this feature.
I myself could imagine services which only have notification operations,
and not a single "usual" request-response operation.

Regards, Andreas Bobek.

AW: [Axis2] wsdl2java support for notification and solicit-response MEPs

Posted by Andreas Bobek <an...@uni-rostock.de>.
Hi Chathura,

> I haven't tried WS-Eventing but i have done some basic work on
> WS-Notification(Brokered) and to me using a complicated MEP
> is yet another complication that won't give you much in
> return. Basically the broker is a web service which has
> WS-Resource associate with it, which is the list of subscribers.
> So this is how i have modelled the Notification delivery.
> Broker will de couple the  Notification Producer and the
> Notification consumer. So the publishing would be a In-Only
> Operation for the broker.
> Then Broker will create client connections to the consumer
> EPRs and Notify them in the push delivery mode.

I think WS-Eventing is similar to WS-Notification (which I don't know).
EventSources (server) accept subscriptions from and send notifications to
EventSinks (client). Notification messages can be both OUT and OUT-IN MEPs,
although WS-Eventing defines OUT as the default mode (push delivery mode).
To tell the truth I have no scenarios for OUT-IN (maybe ACK responses?), but
OUT only MEPs will be needed.

> It is not had to invent a programming model for Out-IN MEPed
> service and there was some effort sometime back, but it
> cannot be generalized sufficiently and i guess it didn't have
> any use case. Further what is achieved by Out-In kind of
> service can be achieved using a client API.

Right :-) !!! This is what I wanted to say with my last post. WSDL describes
the operations of a service and I think a good WSDL to Java tool should
generate code for all four different kinds of MEPs. OUT and OUT-IN from the
service view is the same like IN and IN-OUT from the client view and
therefore I can use the client API. And I want to use the client API, but I
don't want to code it manually and I don't want to use an "inverted" WSDL
file to generate a Stub that I can use within my service as explained here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=113397248515948&w=2

My suggestion is to generate a further class, called xxxxSkeletonStub or
something like that, which contains methods for the OUT and OUT-IN
operations which in turn use the client API. This class should have the same
content as the stub class which would be generated if I would feed the
generator with a inverted WSDL file.

This approach is independent of WS-Eventing and WS-Notification.

Thank you, Andreas.

Re: [Axis2] wsdl2java support for notification and solicit-response MEPs

Posted by Chathura Herath <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Could you please explain the semantic meaning that you anticipate from
Out-In MEPed service. Reason why i am asking this is, I am personally
confused as to how the Out-In Service should work.
Is it service that is just running in the Axis2 Engine and depending
on some external event do a Out-In operation??
If so what would be that external event??? Is it the
publish/Notification message??
Notification is a Out-Only MEP. Strictly speaking its a
"In-Multiple-Out MEP". In message is the Notification Message by the
publisher to the Broker and the Multiple-Outs are the Broker to all
the Consumers.
sorry for using WS-Notification jargon, rather than Eventing.

[...]

Thanks
Chathura