Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Partha Bhattacharjee <Pa...@trisoftdesign.com> on 2000/10/04 09:08:54 UTC

developers sitting on machines other than server are not able to change the jsp file

Hello forum ,

I have tomcat in win2000 advanced server. My developers are sitting on win98
and have access to the directories I am storing my jsp into. Now the
developers can acces the file over the network and change it but the change
will not reflect in the browser. However as soon as I open the same file in
win2000 (server ) and just save it the changes are shown in the browser.

How can I allow  the developers to do the changes in the file and have the
same reflected in the browser without me having to save it.

Thanks for the help.
partha

Re: developers sitting on machines other than server are not able to change the jsp file

Posted by Jon Skeet <jo...@peramon.com>.
> I have tomcat in win2000 advanced server. My developers are sitting on win98
> and have access to the directories I am storing my jsp into. Now the
> developers can acces the file over the network and change it but the change
> will not reflect in the browser. However as soon as I open the same file in
> win2000 (server ) and just save it the changes are shown in the browser.
>
> How can I allow  the developers to do the changes in the file and have the
> same reflected in the browser without me having to save it.

I don't suppose it's a date/time thing is it? I've seen odd effects with
file sharing when the two machines are not in sync with their clocks.

Jon