Posted to dev@sis.apache.org by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com> on 2016/01/20 10:51:39 UTC

Git clones need to be recloned

Hello all

If anyone get the SIS source codes from the git mirrors instead than
SVN, (s)he may need to get a new clone from scratch. The reason is that
we tried to remove a 3 Mb file from the git history last month. We did
not succeed, but we discovered this week that git history has
nevertheless been rewritten. Strangely, the history that changed was not
only the history of last month, but the history since the beginning of
SIS project in 2010. Executing "git pull" on a git clone older than one
month causes a large amount of conflicts. For peoples who do not have
local changes, it may be simpler to delete their clone and get a new one.

The SVN repository, which still the canonical repository for now, is
unaffected.

    Martin