Posted to users@apex.apache.org by Jaspal Singh <ja...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/20 20:15:22 UTC

Data torrent application connecting to Mapr streams

Hi Team,

We are trying to build a DT application to read messages from mapr streams
and write them on to hdfs. Its the same application used with Kafka as
source with the following changes:

1. Added the map example code jar in the pom.xml.
2. Changed the topic name to fully qualified path of the stream with topic
name.

After packaging the code into apa file, we are able to launch the
application but it remains in ACCEPTED state and then goes to FAILED state
after a while. We are having a hard time time to figure out the issue with
the project, so need some assistance from anyone who has encountered any
similar issue.

dtgateway.log and pom.xml attached.

Really appreciate the inputs !!

Thanks
Jaspal

Re: Data torrent application connecting to Mapr streams

Posted by Chinmay Kolhatkar <ch...@datatorrent.com>.
Hi Jaspal,

There are JIRAs being created to add python binding for Apex APIs:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/APEXMALHAR-2260
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/APEXMALHAR-2261

This is the work is part of roadmap ans needs to be picked up. You and your
team are welcome if you wish to contribute to this effort.
We're in initial phase of requirement gathering for what exactly should we
provide python binding for.

Now that you've used apex, I would like to ask you as apex user that
how/where would you like to see python binding for?

Thanks,
Chinmay.

Posted by Jaspal Singh <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Team !!

Posted by Vlad Rozov <v....@datatorrent.com>.
Please also check application package (.apa) for any hadoop dependency.
They all must be excluded in the application pom as Apex will provide
them at run-time.

Thank you,

Vlad

Posted by Vlad Rozov <v....@datatorrent.com>.