Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Michael Barry <mb...@cos.com> on 2001/06/04 22:25:43 UTC

repetive td rendering in 1.3.2

I have notice some strange behavior with table processing
in version 1.3.2. Basically, if I execute a template within
a <TABLE> and not within a <TR>, the table cells are repeated.

An (bare-bones) example:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use HTML::Embperl;
use CGI;
$cgi = new CGI;
print $cgi->header;
print $cgi->start_html;
HTML::Embperl::Execute( { inputfile => "table.epl", } );
print $cgi->end_html;

table.epl =>
<HTML>
<BODY>
<TABLE>
[- Execute( "inner.epl" ) -]
</TABLE>
</BODY>
</HTML>

inner.epl =>
<TR>
<TD>
   <B>JA</B>PH
</TD>
</TR>

This will display JAPH about ten times. However, if I move the <TR> tags out
of the inner.epl and into table.epl, the table is rendered correctly. This
code works fine with 1.3.1. Any ideas? Pointers?

Re: repetive td rendering in 1.3.2

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
> I have notice some strange behavior with table processing
> in version 1.3.2. Basically, if I execute a template within
> a <TABLE> and not within a <TR>, the table cells are repeated.

I have discovered the same problem here. It's because of some changes I have
made in 1.3.2 to get the cleanup working with Perl 5.6.1+  .

It's already fixed in the CVS version. I plan to release the current CVS
version as 1.3.3, after a few tests, during the next days

Gerald