Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Anurag Telang <at...@cisco.com> on 2008/02/22 16:16:26 UTC

Apache FileStreaming: Problem using FileItemStream

Hi There,

I'm using FileStreaming API to upload my excel file because it is given on
the apache site that it is faster than the conventional apache FileUpload.

Uing FileStreaming API my excel file gets uploaded properly and I get the
InputStream by calling the method openStream(). I now want to pass this
input stream to the constructor of
org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.POIFSFileSystem but the constructor of
POIFSFileSystem accepts only the FileInputStream and the input stream
returned by openStream() is not compatible for the constructor of
POIFSFileSystem and it gives IO error.

Actually I want to create an instance of POIFSFileSystem to pass in the
constructor of org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook. Then I will use
HSSFWorkbook to read the data in my excel file.

Please help me to find out the way of doing this.

Thanks,
Anurag