Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sven Brüggemann <SB...@gmx.net> on 2005/06/27 12:37:38 UTC

RE: svnadmin hotcopy failing (fsfs) / recipe

Hello,

> -> I moved my FSFS repository from a Windows machine to a Linux box.
> when you say moved, do you mean:
> moved == hotcopy/filecopy

yes, filecopy. According to the docs that should be possible. I just tried a
dump->create->load cycle but I'm unable to load the dump because of
incorrect UTF-8 bytes?!?

All that works fine on windows.

Nevertheless, that doesn't seem to be the cause of my problem. I even can't
hotcopy a freshly created repository:

/work/subversion # svnadmin create MyRepos
/work/subversion # svnadmin hotcopy MyRepos MyBackup
svnadmin: Can't stat 'MyRepos/MyRepos': No such file or directory

I even tried to work as root and did a chmod -R 777 MyRepos.

Any ideas?!?

Kind regards

Sven

RE: svnadmin hotcopy failing (fsfs) / solved

Posted by Sven Brueggemann <SB...@gmx.net>.
Hello,

>>> /work/subversion # svnadmin create MyRepos
>>> /work/subversion # svnadmin hotcopy MyRepos MyBackup
>>> svnadmin: Can't stat 'MyRepos/MyRepos': No such file or directory

>> Did you build this yourself or take it from a binary package?

> I downloaded RPMs from
> ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/projects/apache/subversion/9
> .3-i386/
> I'll try compiling myself and come back if the problem persists.

Sometimes self-made seems to be better...

"hotcopy" works fine, "load" works fine. Thanks to Simon and Christoper
for the hints.

Kind regards

Sven

RE: svnadmin hotcopy failing (fsfs) / recipe

Posted by Sven Brueggemann <SB...@gmx.net>.
>> /work/subversion # svnadmin create MyRepos
>> /work/subversion # svnadmin hotcopy MyRepos MyBackup
>> svnadmin: Can't stat 'MyRepos/MyRepos': No such file or directory

> Weird, like you said no MyRepos exists in the repository with the
> GNU/Linux binaries.  The commands above "work for me".

> Did you build this yourself or take it from a binary package?

I downloaded RPMs from
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/projects/apache/subversion/9.3-i386/

I'll try compiling myself and come back if the problem persists.

Kind regards

Sven

mod_dav_svn and apache2 modules

Posted by hk...@iscs-i.com.
Hi,
The cygwin subversion1.20 package has the dav module:

cygcheck -l subversion | grep dav
/usr/bin/cygsvn_ra_dav-1-0.dll

while the new apache2 package does not have mod_dav_svn:

cygcheck -l apache2 | grep mod | grep dav
/usr/lib/apache2/mod_dav.so
/usr/lib/apache2/mod_dav_fs.so

I don't believe I can take the dll from svn and make it a DSO
in apache2.

I hesitate to try to build 1.20 until I figure out what went wrong
with building subversion 1.10:

/usr/src/rpm/SOURCES/subversion-1.1.0/subversion/libsvn_subr/xml.c:341:
undefined reference to `_apr_pool_destroy'
xml.lo: In function `svn_xml_make_open_tag_v':
/usr/src/rpm/SOURCES/subversion-1.1.0/subversion/libsvn_subr/xml.c:566:
undefined reference to `_apr_pool_destroy'
/usr/lib/libcygwin.a(libcmain.o):: undefined reference to `_WinMain@16'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [subversion/libsvn_subr/libsvn_subr-1.la] Error 1

Where I followed directions and did:

./configure --with-apr=/usr/local --with-apr-util=/usr/local --enable-so
make
make install

with ensuing results.

/usr/local was the apache2 dir.

Does this headache vanish when building 1.20?

Thanks,
Henry Katz

RE: svnadmin hotcopy failing (fsfs) / recipe

Posted by Christopher Ness <ch...@nesser.org>.
On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 14:37 +0200, "Sven Brüggemann" wrote:
> Nevertheless, that doesn't seem to be the cause of my problem. I even can't
> hotcopy a freshly created repository:
>
> /work/subversion # svnadmin create MyRepos
> /work/subversion # svnadmin hotcopy MyRepos MyBackup
> svnadmin: Can't stat 'MyRepos/MyRepos': No such file or directory

Weird, like you said no MyRepos exists in the repository with the
GNU/Linux binaries.  The commands above "work for me".

[nesscg@finger subversion]$ svn --version
svn, version 1.2.0 (r14790)
   compiled May 25 2005, 17:39:14

Did you build this yourself or take it from a binary package?  Since it
looks binary by the version string you quoted are there any known bugs
with the SuSe package?

Chris
--
Wireless Group,