Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Coarr, Matt" <mc...@mitre.org> on 2012/12/05 23:36:38 UTC

maven-release-plugin and git

Hello,

I'm able to use "mvn release:prepare" but I run into an issue when I use "mvn release:perform".

My problem is that my scm data in my pom points to our git repository which contains multiple projects.

Is there a way to tell release:perform to only checkout or export a subdirectory of the repository?  (This would be easy with svn — you just specify the url to the project directory in svn).

Another option would be to checkout the whole repository, but somehow tell the forked maven process to build from a certain subdirectory.

I guess a third option would be maybe I'm doing something wrong with my tagging/branching in git.  Is it possible to tag just a subdirectory in git and then maybe I need to "git checkout mybranch"??

Let me know if you have any ideas!

Thanks!
Matt

Re: maven-release-plugin and git

Posted by "Coarr, Matt" <mc...@mitre.org>.
Bingo! That worked like a charm! Thanks Roy!!

Posted by "Lyons, Roy" <Ro...@cmegroup.com>.
This is what you want

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5558785/maven-release-plugin-git-and-the
-poms-not-at-the-top