Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Petr Jiricka <pe...@sun.com> on 2004/02/24 19:47:44 UTC

Is the docBase attribute in context.xml required?

Hi,

I have a question about the format of context.xml. Tomcat 5 documentation:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/context.html

says that the docBase attribute is required (as it's bolded). Is this
really correct? I was able to deploy an application through the manager
application with context.xml that did not contain docBase. I don't want
to put an absolute path to the application to context.xml, as
context.xml is stored in CVS. This looks to me as a documentation bug,
isn't it?

Thanks
Petr