Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sanjaya Singharage <Sa...@jkcs.slt.lk> on 2002/12/05 11:33:40 UTC

Why run tomcat as root

with respect to security what is the best way to run tomcat on linux? I am
running tomcat3.2.3 with apache1.3.26 and mod_jk
1. Run as root?
2. Run as nobody?
3.Run as other user (eg. tomcat)?

why is running tomcat as a certain user more secure than running it as
others?
If this is the appropriate place to ask a question on apache and tomcat,
what would be the answer to the same question regarding running apache and
tomcat together.

thanx.

Re: Why run tomcat as root

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.