Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Montalbano Florian <fl...@nereide.fr> on 2016/06/23 09:51:02 UTC

Scrum task updating timesheet : actual hours > plan hours

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to use the scrum component and upon filling my timesheet, I
got this error :
"Don't allow actual hours is more than plan hours on Task Id : 10017"

I understand that the number of hours I spent on the task was greater
than the one I planned to but, am I not allowed to do that in a scrum
driven project ?
I'm new to the scrum method so maybe it is a dumb question. Moreover,
you can update those "plan hours" directly from the timesheet. It feels
a little weird. What do you think ?

Have a nice day,

Florian montalbano

Re: Scrum task updating timesheet : actual hours > plan hours

Posted by Hans Bakker <h....@antwebsystems.com>.
Hi Floriian, see my answers in-line.....

On 07/07/16 16:29, Montalbano Florian wrote:
> Thank you for your answers Utkarsh Tiwari and Hans Bakker.
>  > growerpagile
> I tried to use it in the trunk version of OFBiz but I met some problem
> with some XML data. From what I understood, some XML files use the
> attribute 'xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation' when there is a namespace
> defined in the DTD causing errors. After a while, I managed to launch
> OFBiz with the Agile component but I encountered an other error coming
> from an xml-resource link that was not moved to an other place.
> I'll try the Agile component on an instance of GrowErp to test it further.

currently we use it mostly with growerpfrontend and growerpbackend which
you can download at the same location (more info at growerp.com)
So it could be that there are some dependencies we need to remove. Also
note we have a linkedin discussion group at
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/4576897
Let us know your comments there or directly to support@growerp.com to
not further upset the people here in the OFBiz mailing list.

>  > The idea behind this that you should adjust the planned hours first
> so that it will be indicated in the burn-down chart.
> I understand the error message now, thanks : )
> So we can update the planned hours at any given time ? Shouldn't the
> estimation be done before the realization of task and the burn-down
> chart updated with the 'actual hours' spend on the task ?

sure but when people see the planned hours are not enough it should be
indicated as early as possible that more time is needed.

Hans Bakker
CEO, http://antwebsystems.com

Re: Scrum task updating timesheet : actual hours > plan hours

Posted by Montalbano Florian <fl...@nereide.fr>.
Thank you for your answers Utkarsh Tiwari and Hans Bakker.

 > I think you might want to add to the new sprint. As its in Backlog.
I think I get your point. I should not spend more time than planned on a
task or I risk to unbalance the rest of the sprint. Then I think the
planned hours should be on read-only while filling the time-sheet (or at
least put the known value as a reminder).

 > growerpagile
I tried to use it in the trunk version of OFBiz but I met some problem
with some XML data. From what I understood, some XML files use the
attribute 'xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation' when there is a namespace
defined in the DTD causing errors. After a while, I managed to launch
OFBiz with the Agile component but I encountered an other error coming
from an xml-resource link that was not moved to an other place.
I'll try the Agile component on an instance of GrowErp to test it further.

 > The idea behind this that you should adjust the planned hours first
so that it will be indicated in the burn-down chart.
I understand the error message now, thanks : )
So we can update the planned hours at any given time ? Shouldn't the
estimation be done before the realization of task and the burn-down
chart updated with the 'actual hours' spend on the task ?

Have a nice day !

Le 07/07/2016 03:45, Hans Bakker a �crit :

Posted by Hans Bakker <h....@antwebsystems.com>.
The idea behind this that you should adjust the planned hours first so
that it will be indicated in the burndown chart.

We further developed the ofbiz scrum component where you can do that
within the time sheet. it is now called growerpagile and should still be
compatible with the ofbiz trunk and still has the same license as ofbiz
itself. It now also supports Kanban and continuous testing and deployment.

can be downloaded free from git at:
git clone https://gerrit.antwebsystems.com/growerpagile

regards,
Hans

On 06/07/16 16:31, Utkarsh Tiwari wrote:
> I think you might want to add to the new sprint. As its in Backlog.
>
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 2:22 PM, Montalbano Florian <
> florian.montalbano@nereide.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> does anyone have any thought for the subject below ?
>>

>> Le 23/06/2016 11:51, Montalbano Florian a �crit :
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>> I'm trying to use the scrum component and upon filling my timesheet, I
>>> got this error :
>>> "Don't allow actual hours is more than plan hours on Task Id : 10017"
>>>
>>> I understand that the number of hours I spent on the task was greater
>>> than the one I planned to but, am I not allowed to do that in a scrum
>>> driven project ?
>>> I'm new to the scrum method so maybe it is a dumb question. Moreover, you
>>> can update those "plan hours" directly from the timesheet. It feels a
>>> little weird. What do you think ?
>>>
>>> Have a nice day,
>>>

>>> Florian montalbano

Hans Bakker
CEO, http://antwebsystems.com

Re: Scrum task updating timesheet : actual hours > plan hours

Posted by Utkarsh Tiwari <ut...@gmail.com>.

--
Warm Regards
Utkarsh Tiwari

Re: Scrum task updating timesheet : actual hours > plan hours

Posted by Montalbano Florian <fl...@nereide.fr>.
Hi all,