Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Matthew Holt <mh...@redhat.com> on 2006/07/13 18:47:37 UTC

nutch-0.8.0-dev search error

I successfully ran the intranet crawl and my nutch/crawl dir was
generated. I then deployed the war file and stopped/started tomcat from
within the crawl directory. However, when I attempt to actually run a
search, a page with the following error is returned. Any ideas?

Matt

*type* Exception report

*message*

*description* _The server encountered an internal error () that
prevented it from fulfilling this request._

*exception*

javax.servlet.ServletException
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:272)

*root cause*

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
	sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
	java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:350)
	java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:303)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.getServlet(JspServletWrapper.java:148)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:315)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)

*note* _The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the
Apache Tomcat/5.5.17 logs._

Re: nutch-0.8.0-dev search error

Posted by Matthew Holt <mh...@redhat.com>.
Timo Scheuer wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 13. Juli 2006 18:47 schrieb Matthew Holt:
>
>> I successfully ran the intranet crawl and my nutch/crawl dir was
>> generated. I then deployed the war file and stopped/started tomcat from
>> within the crawl directory. However, when I attempt to actually run a
>> search, a page with the following error is returned. Any ideas?
>>

> It seems that some classes cannot be found. Have you set up the Java CLASSPATH
> correctly in your environment resp. start script? Does it contain rt.jar? The
> complete log should tell you which class is missing. That helps you to find
> out which lib is not in the correct Java search path.

Ok got it. Thanks a bunch.

Re: nutch-0.8.0-dev search error

Posted by Timo Scheuer <ti...@dfki.de>.

--