Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Dan Kirkwood <da...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/05 21:12:34 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control 1.8.1-incubating (RC0)

Hello Incubator PMC,

The Apache Traffic Control community has voted on and approved a
proposal to release Apache Traffic Control 1.8.1-incubating. We now
kindly request that the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
incubator release.

The VOTE RESULT is here:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c43fe387586c44e2ecbac1f968a146f9a402a328be0f6e9b296fc3c9@%3Cusers.trafficcontrol.apache.org%3E

The draft release notes (along with links to artifacts,
signatures/checksums, and updated documentation) can be found here:

http://trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org/downloads/

The git tag for the repository is "RELEASE-1.8.1-RC0":
https://github.com/apache/incubator-trafficcontrol/releases/tag/RELEASE-1.8.1-RC0

The source distribution (also linked in the release notes) is here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/trafficcontrol/1.8.1/RC0/

Build instructions are included in the BUILD.md file which is included
in the source artifact.

Artifacts have been signed with the "dangogh@apache.org" key listed in:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/trafficcontrol/KEYS

Please review and vote:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)

 Dan Kirkwood <da...@apache.org>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control 1.8.1-incubating (RC0)

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
I generally agree with Sebb's sentiments.  Its confusing that you list a
downloads page, but it's not listed (though I feel its better that its not
shown based on last release's issues).

For next release, I would like the output artifact to be
"apache-trafficcontrol-VERSION-incubating" (think back to my
presentation).  This better aligns with your overall branding.

You're mentioning the font licenses in NOTICE, but they better apply to the
LICENSE file.

Here's my +1 as your release is better.  Please try to address these for
next release.

John

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Kirkwood <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Kirkwood <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org>.
+1 binding.

Agree with statements made up-thread.

Built all artifacts using docker.

-rw-r--r--. 1 root root  986K Jun 13 00:13 build-traffic_monitor.log
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root  130K Jun 13 00:12 build-traffic_ops.log
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root  205K Jun 13 00:13 build-traffic_portal.log
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 1019K Jun 13 00:13 build-traffic_router.log
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root   18K Jun 13 00:12 build-traffic_stats.log
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root   51M Jun 13 00:13
traffic_monitor-1.8.1-4642.cc56e763.el7.x86_64.rpm
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root  810K Jun 13 00:12
traffic_ops-1.8.1-4642.cc56e763.el7.src.rpm
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root  5.1M Jun 13 00:12
traffic_ops-1.8.1-4642.cc56e763.el7.x86_64.rpm
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root   22K Jun 13 00:12
traffic_ops_ort-1.8.1-4642.cc56e763.el7.src.rpm
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root   21K Jun 13 00:12
traffic_ops_ort-1.8.1-4642.cc56e763.el7.x86_64.rpm
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root  143K Jun 13 00:13
traffic_portal-1.8.1-4642.cc56e763.el7.src.rpm
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root  3.6M Jun 13 00:13
traffic_portal-1.8.1-4642.cc56e763.el7.x86_64.rpm
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root   19M Jun 13 00:13
traffic_router-1.8.1-4642.cc56e763.el7.x86_64.rpm
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root   38K Jun 13 00:12
traffic_stats-1.8.1-4642.cc56e763.el7.src.rpm
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root  5.0M Jun 13 00:12
traffic_stats-1.8.1-4642.cc56e763.el7.x86_64.rpm

Thanks.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.