Posted to dev@sqoop.apache.org by Rakesh Sharma <ra...@expedia.com> on 2014/09/26 05:56:11 UTC

Re: Custom Plugin Options

Hi Abe,

I have modified SqoopOptions class for this requirement as I was not able to find a way without modifying it.
We can contribute this as well to Sqoop if already not supported.

Could you please suggest if this is already supported.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakesh.

From: Rakesh Sharma <ra...@expedia.com>>
Date: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 at 9:21 PM
To: Abraham Elmahrek <ab...@cloudera.com>>
Cc: "dev@sqoop.apache.org<ma...@sqoop.apache.org>" <de...@sqoop.apache.org>>
Subject: Custom Plugin

Hi Abe,

We have a requirement where we are developing a Custom Tool for Sqoop. We are extending from ToolPlugin and are using to register our Custom Tool with Sqoop.
We also have a requirement where we pass few Custom options for our tool. But I was not able to figure out a way to do that. The only way I see is to add these options in SqoopOptions class and build my own version of Sqoop.
Could you please suggest me some elegant way of doing this?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakesh.