Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by RockyOfbiz <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/12 18:14:24 UTC

Can i deploy java xml web services on ofbiz tomcat ?

Hi all

I am a newbie to ofbiz. I understood that the services are specified
service.xml.

Is there any possibility to develop my own "java xml web services" and
deploy then om ofbiz tomcat server?.

Need : I want to make a web services layer in ofbiz project and expose the
ofbiz services (service.xml) with some extra funtionality.

Suggestion are welcome :-)

Thanks in advance

/Regards
Rakesh

Re: Can i deploy java xml web services on ofbiz tomcat ?

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
use Hot deploy
and put in your own
ofbiz-component.xml

RockyOfbiz sent the following on 10/13/2007 11:37 AM:

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Couple of things:
1) it is best you move this to the opentaps forum since that is the
distro you are using.
2)the mailing list deals only the apache ofbiz svn not customize
programs.  if you have a question about apache ofbiz then we can help,
as we have time.

RockyOfbiz sent the following on 10/16/2007 2:46 AM:

Posted by RockyOfbiz <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hi there

Thx for the help i got from u. I fixed it .. it was some problem in web.xml.

i mapped it wrongly ..

Anyway.. thx a lot ..

/R

Posted by guo weizhan <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by RockyOfbiz <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hi weizhan

Posted by guo weizhan <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by RockyOfbiz <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hi weizhan

Thansk for your reply. You are right. I appreciate it.

I created a jar file containing newWebService.class and its methodclasses.
Here am attaching a image which gives a screen shot of Webapplication4 which
i place in hotdeploy

http://www.nabble.com/file/p13228821/errorScreen.jpg

When i put the myfile.jar in lib it worked but at the same time it thrown an
other error

Can u also guide me through this problem.

Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class
com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.servlet.WSServletContextListener
com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.servlet.WSServletException: WSSERVLET11:
failed to parse runtime descriptor: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.xml.soap.MessageFactory.newInstance(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljavax/xml/soap/MessageFactory;
[...]
com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.DeploymentDescriptorParser.parse(DeploymentDescriptorParser.java:133)
	at
com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.servlet.WSServletContextListener.contextInitialized(WSServletContextListener.java:97)
	... 13 more

Thanks in advance.
/R

Posted by guo weizhan <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alfredo Rueda <al...@opentrends.net>.
Check this:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Export+Ofbiz+Services+that+use+complex+type+parameters+via+SOAP

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Ok this is out of my area of expertise
and probably most here
you will probably have to dig into the frame work more.
good luck.

RockyOfbiz sent the following on 10/15/2007 2:06 PM:

Posted by RockyOfbiz <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hi there.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by RockyOfbiz <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hi There

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

De : "RockyOfbiz" <ra...@yahoo.com>

Posted by RockyOfbiz <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hi BJ

Posted by RockyOfbiz <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hi BJ

No i am not talking about contribution. I am just trying to understand the
things now so i dont think i can do contribute at this stage. ;-).

I am just trying to find out a way to my problem.

How can i deploy my own java xml web services on ofbiz tomcat server?.

is it possible or not?

Regards
/R

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.