Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com> on 2003/12/23 06:11:45 UTC

Licenses for .bat and .sh files

While editing 'service.bat', I noticed that it seems that we are shipping
all of the '.bat' and '.sh' files without including an Apache license.
Before I launch into a reallllly boring project of fixing this, I wanted to
hear other opinions on how necessary it is.

RE: Licenses for .bat and .sh files

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

> Bill Barker wrote:
>
> While editing 'service.bat', I noticed that it seems that we
> are shipping all of the '.bat' and '.sh' files without
> including an Apache license.
> Before I launch into a reallllly boring project of fixing
> this, I wanted to hear other opinions on how necessary it is.

Perhaps only the url would be enough.
Most of those files are shorter then a license itself.
But feel free to enter 53 rems in each file :-).

For example:

# This script falls under the Apache License.
# See http://www.apache.org/docs/LICENSE

Something similar is used for some httpd scripts.

MT.