Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Arvinn Løkkebakken <ar...@whitebird.no> on 2005/02/14 11:10:20 UTC

received-header parsing-error, Qmail and ALL_TRUSTED

Some times my front-end qmail MX creates a Received header likes this:

  by my.qmail.mx.example.com with SMTP; 14 Feb 2005 06:41:22 -0000

When SpamAssasssin parses this Received header I get this:

debug: received-header: unknown format: from flh1aai099.gif.mesh.ad.jp (@203.136.34.99) by my.qmail.mx.example.com with SMTP; 14 Feb 2005 06:41:22 -0000

If the rest of the Received headers are from trusted hosts, ALL_TRUSTED will kick in,
and the message may trigger ham-autolearn. This is ofcourse very unfortunate.

I'm not sure why my qmail makes headers like this, I just see that it does. Not often though.
One theory of mine is that it's because the ident string has only illegal characters.

Should the fact that the header-parsing fails be considered a Qmail bug or a SA bug?

Anyone else experiencing this?

Arvinn