Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by malcolm cooke <ma...@firstlightassociates.co.uk> on 2002/10/04 12:32:43 UTC

Bug in implementation of exslt math:max??

Hi,

We've encountered a problem trying to use the math:max extension function
which looks as if it may be a bug, but it could always be us missing
something obvious.... our observations can be found at the end of the message.

Our test.xml file :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<values>
<value>0</value>
<value>-1</value>
</values>

Our tester.xsl file :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
                               xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
                               xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
                               xmlns:exmath="http://exslt.org/math"
                               xmlns:xalan="http://xml.apache.org/xalan"
                               xmlns:redirect="http://org.apache.xalan.lib.Redirect"
                               extension-element-prefixes="xalan exmath
redirect"

<xsl:template match="values">
    <xsl:message> about to do max </xsl:message>
	<xsl:value-of select="exmath:max(value)"/>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Our results :
run-xalan test.xml tester.xsl dummy.xml

Running the XSL Processor, xalan, with the following specifications:
    - XML File: test.xml
    - XSL File: tester.xsl
    - Output File: dummy.xml
file:///I:/FLA/testarea/tester.xsl; Line #11; Column #17;  about to do max

(Location of error unknown)XSLT Error
(javax.xml.transform.TransformerException)
: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Node must be non-null for
getDTMHandleFrom
Node
Our observations:
This error seems to only occur if the maximum value is not > 0.

Comments, suggestions about where we may be making wrong assumptions etc
would be very helpful.

Thanks

Malcolm Cooke
http://www.firstlightassociates.co.uk