Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/17 21:59:09 UTC

5.4-alpha-11 preview release

This preview adds one special feature: a development-mode-only file system
cache for compiled CoffeeScript. Using this cache, you can avoid
re-compilation of CoffeeScript source files that haven't changed since the
prior execution, which means much faster page loads for CoffeeScript-heavy
pages.

Configure the  tapestry.compiled-asset-cache-dir  symbol to control where
to place the cache files (otherwise, they end up in the default temporary
directory).  Example:

-Dtapestry.compiled-asset-cache-dir=build/compiled-asset-cache

When Tapestry needs to compile CoffeeScript source file into JavaScript, it
checks this directory; if it finds a matching file in the cache directory,
it simply uses the contents of the file and bypasses the actual
compilation. This means that when restarting the application, most (or all)
of your CoffeeScript sources will be ready and waiting as JavaScript.

This is only enabled for development mode; in production, Tapestry assumes
that all resources are static.

This preview is available from the Maven repository at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetapestry-154/

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: 5.4-alpha-11 preview release

Posted by Dimitris Zenios <di...@gmail.com>.
I have been using tapestry 5.4 since alpha 3.Its quite stable.The only
problem i have found until now is that sometimes when refreshing pages to
frequently javascript does not work with random errors of undefined.Even
after page loads ok.It looks like that require.js is stopped while
downloading a module through refresh and the next time it gets the
corrupted js  file instead of a freshly new.The only way to fix it is to
clear the cache.Others reported this problem regarding require.js caching
also and suggested to append a value to each of the script urls for cache
busting.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15803021/requirejs-caching
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8315088/prevent-requirejs-from-caching-required-scripts

Posted by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com>.