Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Oro smith <or...@sify.com> on 2004/05/25 12:10:17 UTC

Session handling

Does anyone know how the user id of the current user who has logged in can be obtained?
I need this to fill the 'to' address field when replying to a mail.
regds,
Smith

Re: Session handling

Posted by Christian Mayrhuber <cm...@iicm.tu-graz.ac.at>.
On Tuesday 25 May 2004 12:10, Oro smith wrote:
> Does anyone know how the user id of the current user who has logged in can
> be obtained? I need this to fill the 'to' address field when replying to a
> mail. regds,
> Smith
> Still single? Click here to find the perfect match.
>
> http://www.bharatmatrimony.com/cgi-bin/bmclicks1.cgi?141

If you are using the authentication framework, you can access the id from the
session-context.
In the sitemap use: {session-context:authentication/authentication/ID}
If you have propagated additonal data during login you may access it as
{session-context:authentication/authentication/data/mydata}
See: http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/webapps/authentication.html

--
lg, Chris

RE: Session handling

Posted by Lars Huttar <la...@sil.org>.

How are users authenticated?

You might use {request:remoteUser} or a session attribute like
{session-attr:userid}, depending on how logins are being handled.
See http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=InputModules

> Still single? Click here to find the perfect match.

Nope, happily married thanks. :-)

Lars