Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "Meraj A. Khan" <me...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/28 07:47:33 UTC

Nutch 1.7 fetch happening in a single map task.

Hi All,

I am running Nutch 1.7 on Hadoop 2.3.0 cluster and and I noticed that there
is only a single reducer in the generate partition job. I am  running in a
situation where the subsequent fetch is only running in a single map task
(I believe as a consequence of a single reducer in the earlier phase).  How
can I force Nutch to do fetch in multiple map tasks , is there a setting to
force more than one reducers in the generate-partition job to have more map
tasks ?.

Please also note that I have commented out the code in Crawl.java to not do
the LInkInversion phase as , I dont need the scoring of the URLS that Nutch
crawls, every URL is equally important to me.

Thanks.

Re: Nutch 1.7 fetch happening in a single map task.

Posted by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com>.
See http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchTutorial#A3.3._Using_the_crawl_script

just go to runtime/deploy/bin and run the script from there.

Julien

Posted by "Meraj A. Khan" <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi Julien,

Posted by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com>.