Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Petrovic <ms...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/07 18:02:14 UTC

Living a Tomcat life with the catalina.policy file: policy file analysis tools

Good day.

This is a newbie question.

Having spent a bit of time manually editing via trial and error my
catalina.policy file just right so my webapp would run leaves me wondering
whether there is a tool that can be responsibly used to show you what  the
policy file should look like if the app is to get its job done.

I spent a lot of time examining the various security violations in
catalina.out, and concluded that while it may not be trivial, it is
conceivable that a tool could automate the production of a farily
fine-grained policy file to show you what the app ideally needs to run.  And
you could edit from there as needed.

Are there such tools?

Thank you.

--
Mark
AE6RT

Re: Living a Tomcat life with the catalina.policy file: policy file analysis tools

Posted by Mark Petrovic <ms...@gmail.com>.
I got to thinking about this tool problem.  Here is a a bit of basic work on
a tool to generate a catalina.policy file.  Time will tell if it's useful.
Someone may have already solved this problem, but it's all fun.

http://www.petrovic.org/blog/?p=134

--
Mark
AE6RT