Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Oliver Schoett <ol...@capgemini-sdm.com> on 2009/11/23 15:13:52 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: sending pre-compressed content through reverse proxy using mod_rewrite

Haroon Rafique wrote:
> It would be nice if I could just override
> the 404 error though.

I just did that using mod_asis. The .asis document can set its own
headers, including status:

    Cache-Control: public, max-age=7200
    Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 00:00:00 GMT
    Last-Modified: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 20:32:04 GMT

    GIF89a[dummy image]

This is for an image server where URLs of missing images receive a dummy
image with status 200.

However, I did not succeed in setting a dynamic Expires: header using
mod_expires.

Regards,

Oliver Schoett