Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org> on 2004/04/26 23:32:07 UTC

[OT] french names (was Re: [cforms] refactoring questions...)

Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 26.04.2004 09:51, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> :-) This translation is the right one. I'm always amazed to see that
>> French is a foreign language for you and Marc, whose names sound so
>> much more frenchy that many french people's name, including mine ;-)
>

> Isn't Sylvain *the* French name? I only met two French men IRL, both
> were named Sylvain - if that's a criteria :) The one were you, the
> other one worked for Elf Aquitane near by here in Leuna.

Well, actually Sylvain _is_ french although not very frequent (strange
coincidence that made you meet two of them), but I was more referring to
my last name, Wallez.

In my family, this name is said to come from Belgium at a time when it
was dominated by Spain (16th century). Wallez comes from "Wallonie" (the
french speaking part of Belgium, and the spanish "-ez" suffix found e.g.
in Martinez, Rodriguez which I've been said to mean "son of". So I'm
actually a spanish belgian ;-)

"Bruno Dumon" and "Marc Portier" sound so much more typically french
both by their names and firstnames!

Who knows, maybe I'm actually one of their distant cousins ;-)

Sylvain