Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Alessandro Adamou <ad...@cs.unibo.it> on 2011/03/31 16:40:05 UTC

Status of shared Jersey bundle

Dear Olivier, Fabian, all,

We are nearly done moving code out of the Jersey module for KReS and are
almost about to get rid of it.

We have a few shared classes that will eventually have to be part of the
shared Stanbol jersey module. Writers, MIME type constants, view
processors etc.

What is left of it is at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stanbol/trunk/kres/jersey/

We are considering keeping the bundle and pulling it out of the kres
directory so it can be a stub for the shared Jersey bundle to integrate
with.

Can you update us on the status of that bundle? If it's there or almost
there, we can just merge our classes with it right away.

What do you think would be the best way to proceed, depending on the
moduloe status?

regards,
Alessandro

Re: Status of shared Jersey bundle

Posted by Olivier Grisel <og...@nuxeo.com>.
On 31 March 2011 16:40, Alessandro Adamou <ad...@cs.unibo.it> wrote:
> Dear Olivier, Fabian, all,
>
> We are nearly done moving code out of the Jersey module for KReS and are
> almost about to get rid of it.
>
> We have a few shared classes that will eventually have to be part of the
> shared Stanbol jersey module. Writers, MIME type constants, view processors
> etc.
>
> What is left of it is at
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stanbol/trunk/kres/jersey/
>
> We are considering keeping the bundle and pulling it out of the kres
> directory so it can be a stub for the shared Jersey bundle to integrate
> with.
>
> Can you update us on the status of that bundle? If it's there or almost
> there, we can just merge our classes with it right away.
>
> What do you think would be the best way to proceed, depending on the moduloe
> status?

Hi Alessandro,

It's not completely finished yet and it lives in it's own subversion
branch for now. I will try to get it in a good shape (and update the
integration tests if necessary) for tomorrow to and merge it into the
trunk.

BTW, I don't plan to move everything in those "commons/web" bundles,
just the bits that have no specific dependency on other parts of the
stanbol code base. For instance the HTTP services definition for
enhancer will stay under the "enhancer/jersey" folder but will
contribute their resources to the service defined in
"commons/web/base" so that it incrementally builds a compound and
consistent looking web application without code duplication.

We can schedule a coding workshop on this topic next week to update
the HTTP services from the current "entityhub/jersey" and
"kres/jersey" folders to remove the remaining code duplication.

--
Olivier

Re: Status of shared Jersey bundle

Posted by Olivier Grisel <ol...@ensta.org>.
2011/3/31 Enrico Daga <en...@gmail.com>:
> On 31 March 2011 18:30, Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think Olivier can say a little bit more about this as he is the
>> person who is currently refactoring the HTTP endpoint of Stanbol in
>> the http-enpoint-refactoring branch.
>>
>> I think, it would make sense to wait until the work in this branch is
>> finished and merged back to trunk. Another way would be to merge the
>> changes in trunk again in the refactoring branch to get the latest
>> version of what was formerly KReS. Then the Jersey endpoint of KReS
>> can also be refactored in this branch. I think the entityhub endpoint
>> will also be refactored in the branch. Once all components use the new
>> HTTP endpoint structure we will merge everything back to trunk.
> We could move all modules *except* kres/jersey to the root trunk and
> then merge that in the right moment (in the branch first).
> We could also merge UI styles in that moment, using the stanbol
> template and removing the kres one (which is still there at the
> moment).

Ok let's do this.

--
Olivier

Re: Status of shared Jersey bundle

Posted by Enrico Daga <en...@gmail.com>.
On 31 March 2011 18:30, Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think Olivier can say a little bit more about this as he is the
> person who is currently refactoring the HTTP endpoint of Stanbol in
> the http-enpoint-refactoring branch.
>
> I think, it would make sense to wait until the work in this branch is
> finished and merged back to trunk. Another way would be to merge the
> changes in trunk again in the refactoring branch to get the latest
> version of what was formerly KReS. Then the Jersey endpoint of KReS
> can also be refactored in this branch. I think the entityhub endpoint
> will also be refactored in the branch. Once all components use the new
> HTTP endpoint structure we will merge everything back to trunk.
We could move all modules *except* kres/jersey to the root trunk and
then merge that in the right moment (in the branch first).
We could also merge UI styles in that moment, using the stanbol
template and removing the kres one (which is still there at the
moment).

Enrico

--
Enrico Daga