Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Karen Mergner <Ka...@bmw.de> on 2003/02/03 09:40:58 UTC

footnote in a list body

Hi all,

I have to insert footnotes in my document. It works fine, if the
footnote is in a paragraph. But if the footnote is in a list, the
footnote has the same indent as the list body and it overwrites the last
text rows at the bottom of the page.

Is there a solution of this problem?

Karen

Re: footnote in a list body

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Karen Mergner wrote:
> I have to insert footnotes in my document. It works fine, if the
> footnote is in a paragraph. But if the footnote is in a list, the
> footnote has the same indent as the list body and it overwrites the last
> text rows at the bottom of the page.

Oddly enough, the indentation may even be correct. Apparently the
fo:block in the footnote body inherits the start-indent from the
fo:list-item-body. Yes, start-indent *is* an inheritable property,
I just looked it up (sect. 7.10.7). The descriptions for fo:footnote
or fo:footnote-body don't contain anything interesting regarding
indentation of the footnote body (sect. 6.10.3f).

Overwriting text rows is a bug, but probably not directly caused by
the footnote but rather by an incorrect calculation of available
space for list items or some subelement.

> Is there a solution of this problem?
Use start-indent="0" (or whatever you like) on the fo:footnote-body
or the blocks therein. This will fix the indentation, I'm not sure
about the overlapping text.

J.Pietschmann