Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by sai krishnam raju potturi <ps...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/15 19:24:35 UTC

Re : Replication factor for system_auth keyspace

hi;
  we are deploying a new cluster with 2 datacenters, 48 nodes in each DC.
For the system_auth keyspace, what should be the ideal replication_factor
set?

We tried setting the replication factor equal to the number of nodes in a
datacenter, and the repair for the system_auth keyspace took really long.
Your suggestions would be of great help.

thanks
Sai

Re: Re : Replication factor for system_auth keyspace

Posted by sai krishnam raju potturi <ps...@gmail.com>.
thanks guys for the advice. We were running parallel repairs earlier, with
cassandra version 2.0.14. As pointed out having set the replication factor
really huge for system_auth was causing the repair to take really long.

thanks
Sai

Posted by Victor Chen <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.