Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kannan Shastri <k....@gmail.com> on 2006/02/03 07:22:45 UTC

problem on tomcat 5.5.7 with JSF

Hi All,
I am facing a very peculiar issue. This is not a tomcat issue as such, but
if somebody has faced it before, i could use the help.I am using JSF 1.1with
j2sdk1.4.2_10 and Tomcat 5.5.7. JSF Expression language is giving me some
puzzling errors
if I say
value="#{varList.AInfo.BInfo.someName}

mapped in a datatable tag like this, where varList is the ArrayList we are
mapping the table to, Ainfo is a TreeMap inside it, BInfo is a TreeMap
inside AInfo, and someName is a property, it complains saying that "error
retrieving property someName"....This happens only on j2sdk1.4.2_10, it was
working fine (it still works fine) on j2sdk1.4.2_04. I just need to change
the JAVA_HOME environment variable, and the problem surfaces.

I cannot use j2sdk1.4.2_04 because it results in a core dump elsewhere (the
reason I upgraded to j2sdk1.4.2_10).

is this a bug in JSF, or something in j2sdk1.4.2_10 that is causing it to
fail?

Can anyone help me with this?

--
Kannan Shastri