Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Yoichiro Tanaka <yo...@eisbahn.jp> on 2008/06/23 14:11:33 UTC

bpc will be deprecated?

Hi.

We can disable a caching mechanism by appending &bpc=1 in a lot of SNS
that uses Shindig now.
However, I can't find the place where the bpc parameter is processed
in the trunk code set of Java
implementation.

Should not bpc be used, and should we use nocache in the future?

Best regards,
Yoichiro

---
Yoichiro Tanaka
mail-to: yoichiro@eisbahn.jp
blog: http://www.eisbahn.jp/yoichiro/

Re: bpc will be deprecated?

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 12:03 AM, Arne Roomann-Kurrik <ku...@google.com>
wrote:

> Is it an error?  Historically, this was the only way to disable caching on
> orkut.

Err -- yeah, you're right, I was thinking that this was referring to the
iframe url, not the application page. There was a bug on orkut where they
were passing bpc=1 instead of nocache=1 to the iframe, but that has been
resolved.

Re: bpc will be deprecated?

Posted by Arne Roomann-Kurrik <ku...@google.com>.

Re: bpc will be deprecated?