Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com> on 2011/09/20 04:59:08 UTC

RequestDispatcher changes 1.4 - 1.5

We have a 1.4 app using a UrlRedirectorFilter that we added to capture
requests (especially those to '/') and redirect or forward them as
appropriate. It works fine under 1.4 but under 1.5 it doesn't.

doFilter(...)
{
            // A request to www.domainname.com
<http://www.domainname.com/>  ends up being forwarded to home page:

            uri = "/content/home/o/123";

            // forward request rather than redirect them - redirects are
slower and end up with
            // a bigger uglier URL for the first page
            RequestDispatcher rd = request.getRequestDispatcher(uri);
            rd.forward(request, response);
}

Under 1.4 the forwarded request was correct:  "/content/home/o/123"

But under 1.5 the forwarded request becomes: "/123"

Any idea why all the components of the URL except the last one have been
stripped out?

Yours sincerely,

Chris Colman

Pagebloom Team Leader,
Step Ahead Software

pagebloom - your business & your website growing together

Sydney: (+61 2) 9656 1278     Canberra: (+61 2) 6100 2120
Email: chrisc@stepahead.com.au <ma...@stepahead.com.au>
Website:
http://www.pagebloom.com <blocked::http://www.pagebloom.com/>
http://develop.stepaheadsoftware.com
<blocked::http://develop.stepaheadsoftware.com/>

RE: RequestDispatcher changes 1.4 - 1.5 (Not a wicket problem)

Posted by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com>.
Given that RequestDispatcher is part of the Servlet API and not Wicket
it has not changed from 1.4 - 1.5 ;)  so my problem lies elsewhere...