Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Michael Phillips <mp...@hotmail.com> on 2014/03/04 19:55:35 UTC

Adding VM created outside of CS

So I've been pondering something. Has anyone ever added a VM that was created outside of the CS UI? For example what if I created a VM using the vcenter interface, but I then wanted that VM to be managed inside of CS?
I could see this being a use case if I wanted to P2V a machine...

RE: Adding VM created outside of CS

Posted by Michael Phillips <mp...@hotmail.com>.
I could see that working for sure....I'll have to try that...

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Shanker Balan <sh...@shapeblue.com>.
Comments inline.

On 05-Mar-2014, at 12:25 am, Michael Phillips <mp...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> So I've been pondering something. Has anyone ever added a VM that was created outside of the CS UI? For example what if I created a VM using the vcenter interface, but I then wanted that VM to be managed inside of CS?
> I could see this being a use case if I wanted to P2V a machine...

Thats pretty much how I have created a Ubuntu 10.04 PV instance on a
standalone XenServer. This template was later imported into CS.

Regards.

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867
ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560 055

Our CloudStack Infrastructure Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/> offers the best 24/7 SLA for CloudStack Environments.

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.