Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Thompson, Raleigh" <rt...@tubecityims.com> on 2008/05/06 23:36:14 UTC

Commit fails, Corrupt Client Message - Missing XML

All,

At work we are using Subversion through Apache. All the other developers are
able to use Subversion with no problems.

I am able to check out, but I can not commit.

On the client side the commit fails with the following:

-----------

Commit Failed (details follow):
OPTIONS request failed on < repository name >
OPTIONS of < repository name > : 200 OK

On the server side:
-----------

The Apache access.log file has the following:
<my ip address> -- [06/May/2008:17:56:09 -0500] "OPTIONS < repository name >
HTTP/1.1" 200 -

I have narrowed the problem down to my development laptop. I have a
development desktop that I am able to commit with, but the laptop won't.

Using Wireshark I pulled out the following stream from the laptop connection
(Note: I removed the repository and host so my boss won't get pissed)
(Note: I added the Client/Server Message lines for clarity)

Client Message
OPTIONS < repository removed > HTTP/1.1
Host: < hostname removed >

Server Message
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 19:07:38 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.4 (Win32) SVN/1.4.5 mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.5.1
PHP/5.2.3 DAV/2
DAV: 1,2
DAV: version-control,checkout,working-resource
DAV: merge,baseline,activity,version-controlled-collection
MS-Author-Via: DAV
Allow:
OPTIONS,GET,HEAD,POST,DELETE,TRACE,PROPFIND,PROPPATCH,COPY,MOVE,LOCK,UNLOCK,C
HECKOUT

Looking at my desktop box that does allow me to commit there was some XML
data at the end of the Client Message.

Could this be causing my problems?

I looked at another developer's box and Wireshark showed that he also had the
XML content in his client message.

All the boxes are Windows XP and the Server is Windows 2003.

Thanks for any help,
R Thomspon

RE: Commit fails, Corrupt Client Message - Missing XML

Posted by "Thompson, Raleigh" <rt...@tubecityims.com>.

-----------

> The Apache access.log file has the following:
>  <my ip address> -- [06/May/2008:17:56:09 -0500] "OPTIONS < repository name
> > HTTP/1.1" 200 -
>

> I have narrowed the problem down to my development laptop. I have a
> development desktop that I am able to commit with, but the laptop won't.
>

>  Using Wireshark I pulled out the following stream from the laptop
> connection
>  (Note: I removed the repository and host so my boss won't get pissed)
>  (Note: I added the Client/Server Message lines for clarity)
>
>  Client Message
>  ---------------------------------------------------------------
>  OPTIONS < repository removed > HTTP/1.1
>  Host: < hostname removed >
>
>  Server Message
>  ---------------------------------------------------------------
>  HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>  Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 19:07:38 GMT
>  Server: Apache/2.2.4 (Win32) SVN/1.4.5 mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.5.1
> PHP/5.2.3 DAV/2
>  DAV: 1,2
>  DAV: version-control,checkout,working-resource
>  DAV: merge,baseline,activity,version-controlled-collection
>  MS-Author-Via: DAV
>  Allow:

OPTIONS,GET,HEAD,POST,DELETE,TRACE,PROPFIND,PROPPATCH,COPY,MOVE,LOCK,UNLOCK,C
HECKOUT

>  Looking at my desktop box that does allow me to commit there was some XML
> data at the end of the Client Message.
>
>  Could this be causing my problems?
>
>  I looked at another developer's box and Wireshark showed that he also had
> the XML content in his client message.
>
>  All the boxes are Windows XP and the Server is Windows 2003.

Does the laptop have a firewall which the desktop (and other users) do not?

I found the problem.  It wasn't my firewall but the web filter on the laptop.
I had been running the Blue Coat K9 Web Filter.

I dropped down to the command line and used the subversion client with the
verbose switch enabled.  It showed the driver for the K9 software was
complaining about a malformed Http Header.  I uninstalled K9 and everything
is working.

Thanks for the help.

Raleigh

Re: Commit fails, Corrupt Client Message - Missing XML

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.